- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg32537] Re: [mg32519] NestWhile
- From: Mianlai Zhou <lailai at nikhef.nl>
- Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 04:07:55 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
NestWhileList[f, 7, # != 1 &]
will work. Good luck!
Theory Group, NIKHEF
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Tom De Vries wrote:
> I know this is a simple question, hope someone can help me out.....
> If I define the function
> f[n_] := If[EvenQ[n], n/2, 3n + 1]
> I can then apply NestList and generate a nice number loop......
> NestList[f, 7, 23]
> I want to use NestWhileList and stop when the generated number is a 1. How
> do I do that?
> Thanks for the help,
> Tom De Vries
Prev by Date:
Trivial changes to formula
Next by Date:
Headless set of elements?
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: