Boundary layer equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32580] Boundary layer equations
  • From: deniz.seker at arcelik.com.tr
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 03:18:55 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi people,

I'm trying to solve 2-D boundary layer equations by using Mathematica. As
you know, there are several similarity solutions and one or two analytical
solutions of this type of differential equations (Navier-Stokes equations).

I just tried the easiest one (no pressure gradient in the flow field and 2-d
flow and no temperatue difference) But, I had the following message :
NDSolve::"ntdv": "Cannot find explicit formula for derivatives."

Oh Help section, I found the explanation of this message. But, there must be
a solution.

Best regards,

Deniz