  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg35386] SafeFileOpen->IgnoreCache
  • From: "DrBob" <majort at>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 02:20:29 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

A side effect of SafeFileOpen->IgnoreCache is that every time I save a
file, I get a message saying the file has changed outside of
Mathematica, and do I want to overwrite?  This is the message Mark
Coleman was talking about, but I don't think he got it because of this
option.  I got it a couple of times last Tuesday, before I found out
about the option.

Some files are smaller than before --- perhaps because of other version
differences, as I'm testing by opening old files and saving them.  Some
hardly change.  The largest example file I've tried grew from 17,907 KB
to 20,966 KB.  The file was mostly animation graphics.