Characteristic function of Caucy distrbution

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35492] Characteristic function of Caucy distrbution
  • From: "milkcart" <milkcart at m17.alpha-net.ne.jp>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 04:49:56 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello

How is Characteristic function of Caucy distrbution  derived properly.
I wrote this code as

Simplify[Integrate[E^(I*t*x)/
     (1 + (x - $B&L(B)^2/$B&R(B^2),
    {x, -Infinity,
     Plus[Infinity]}]/
   (Pi*$B&R(B)]

.  But this integration return itself.

 I know that right answer  is Exp[I $B&L(B t -$B&R(B Abs[t]].
How can  I get right answer.

Thanks in advance.

milkcart
milkcart at m17.alpha-net.ne.jp