free boundary problem
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg35478] free boundary problem
- From: "Kees" <keesvanschaik at wanadoo.nl>
- Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 04:49:34 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
i'm trying to get a numerical solution to a free boundary problem in
mathematica. In general it looks like this:
LV(x,t)=dV(x,t) on the area where 0 <= x <= b(t)
V(x,t)=x on the rest
dV(x,t)/dx = 1 for x=b(t)
with some other "non-free" boundary conditions.
The L stands for a differential operator in x, the d for differentation
w.r.t. t. Furthermore the free boundary b(t) is defined as the minimum over
the t >=0 for which V(x,t)=x.
I'd appreciate any suggestions! Anybody an idea how to tackle this?
Thanks in advance!
Prev by Date:
Characteristic function of Caucy distrbution
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Re: Characteristic function of Caucy distrbution
Next by thread: