Output of left-hand side of expression

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35509] Output of left-hand side of expression
  • From: "news.eircom.net" <J_M_1967 at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 02:08:57 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello
This is really simple but I cannot find in manuals. (Honestly!)

Q. How do I display the left-hand side of an expression

currently I do

In[148]:=
M=C+1
Out[148]=
1+C

but I want

Out[xxx]=
M=1+C

I need this so that I can copy/paste the entire expression into a doc. so
that it is complete - not just the right hand side or result.

Is there some magic command that can do this? or system default?

Thankyou.