Re: Output of left-hand side of expression

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg35550] Re: [mg35509] Output of left-hand side of expression
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza01 at>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:07:12 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Well, it seems that what you want to do is transcribe your Set operation as
it is to an output cell. The only way I can think of now is to make a string
such as:

"M = C + 1"
"M = C + 1"

which doesn't perform an evaluation, of course. You may get rid of the
displayed quotation marks by going to the Format Inspector:
DisplayOptions|ShowStringCharacters and turn it to False.

Tomas Garza
Mexico City