Re: MINLP and MILP optimization package
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg35707] Re: MINLP and MILP optimization package
- From: frankeye at cox.net (Frank Iannarilli)
- Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 04:17:17 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
"Etienne" <esamc at nrcan.gc.ca> wrote in message news:<ah32cq$svt$1 at smc.vnet.net>... > Is there a Mathematica package (other than NMinimize) that solves MINLP and > MILP optimization problems ? > > Thanks in advance, > > Etienne I purchased the commercial Mathematica package "Operations Research 2.0", and it offers a mixed-integer linear programming (MILP) solver. It accepts any combination of real, integer, and binary variables. It also offers a specialized solver for binary-only variables. There is also the commercial package "Industrial Optimization" that may offer this as well, although the price for the latter is much greater than the former. For MINLP, perhaps Industrial Opt offers this (check Wolfram's website), but you may also benefit from the Global Optimization 4.0 Mathematica package by Loehle Associates (which I own and am happy with).