Q: Solving Numerical Matrix-Equation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35587] Q: Solving Numerical Matrix-Equation
  • From: Christoph Handel <scone4 at kepler.mechanik.tu-darmstadt.de>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 01:01:04 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

   howdy,

i have a Problem of the Form

M . v == 0

where M is a complex, numerical, 8x8 Matrix and v is an Vector with
eight unkown elements.

M depends on one parameter x (real).

There is no exact solution vor this equation. I will plot

Abs[Det[M[x_]]]

and watch for a local minimum. This way i can say: "x must be something like
... or ... or". Now I need to get the vector v in this point x.

Any hints for a nice function to complete this task?

Greetings
	 Christoph