Changing default "Printing Settings:Headers & Footers" menu settings?

I'd like to change the default settings of the File>Printing Settings>
>Headers and Footers menu command to print "Date and Time" centered in
the header in all future notebooks.

I know how to do this in individual notebooks, so I opened Default.nb,
made this change, and Quit and re-Opened Mathematica.  The change seems to stick
in Default.nb, but still doesn't seem to show up in new notebooks.

???