A faster alternative to ListIntegrate?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35695] A faster alternative to ListIntegrate?
  • From: Matthew Rosen <mrosen at cfa.harvard.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 04:16:42 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Everyone;
 I've tracked down the slow operation of my Mathematica simulation code to
lie in the ListIntegrate command:

G[n_] := ListIntegrate[xsec Phi[n], 1]

where both xsec and Phi[n] are 400 values long.

Is there a way to speed up ListIntegrate via Compile or a similar technique?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Matt
---
Matthew Rosen
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
Mail Stop 59
60 Garden Street
Cambridge, MA 02138

e: mrosen at cfa.harvard.edu