how to solve for periodic solution?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg35716] how to solve for periodic solution?
- From: theiman at comcast.net (tom)
- Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 06:43:19 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, I have no clue as to how to proceed to solve the equation below. Any ideas on how to solve for the periodic solution of this equation would be most appreciated!! Thankyou!! A(t)=S(t+P)-(ln(2)/halflife)*A(t) S(t+P) = S(t) if t1<t<t2 S(t+P) = 0 otherwise where P is the period of the system t is the time at which a sample is taken t1 is the beginning of a discontinuity t2 is the end of a discontinuity A(t) is the abundance at time t I want to fit data to the resulting equation and find t1 and t2 Sincerely, Tom