realtime plotting of points

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35784] realtime plotting of points
  • From: aatish at mac.com (aatish)
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 01:33:19 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi
I was wondering whether there's a way to provide mathematica with x
and y coordinates of a point from a c++ program (with mathlink or
otherwise) and have it graph it out point by point, perhaps even
erasing the previous image as it goes along. For example, if the
correct points are supplied as output, can mathematica show me the
movement of a planet in its orbit or SHM, etc. (whatever the code is
meant to generate). Currently I output the points to a file in the
ListPlot form, but then I just get the orbit drawn out instead of the
particle moving along it. I've been searching for an answer on google
groups, but I read somewhere that realtime plotting of points can't be
done on mathematica. is this true? and if it can than how?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
regards
aatish
aatish at mac.com