Re: random integer weirdness

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg35793] Re: random integer weirdness
  • From: "Christos Argyropoulos" <argchris at>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 01:33:35 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I tried to evaluate the expression with j ranging from 0 to 20000 step of 1.
Something obviously periodic seems to be going on (just plot the sim data).
Since running this program takes for ever, I have prepared and (can email to
anyone interested) a flat text file with the output of Mark's program (the
"sim" data for j ranging from 0 to 20000 in steps of 1).
It is my understanding that the period of the rule 30-cellular automata RNG
(if any) used by MATHEMATICA has not been extensively studied. Could we use
the data geenrated to do so ?

Christos Argyropoulos

news:ai5tna$bqb$1 at