Warning Messages on Notebooks Produced by Later Versions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34748] Warning Messages on Notebooks Produced by Later Versions
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 04:45:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear MathGroup,

Mathematica has a feature, perhaps new with Version 4.0, that produces a
dialog box warning message if a notebook produced by a later version of
Mathematica is opened. Is there any way to suppress this message?

In one of my packages I produced separate notebook Help pages for each of
the commands. They were produced in Version 4.1. The package works perfectly
well with Version 4.0 but whenever a user goes to a Help page he has to
click through the warning dialog box. This occurs over and over again. Since
this is something of an advertisement, prompting the user to update his
Mathematica, it seems to me to be excessive and a very bad feature!

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/