Re: Difference /recurrence equations
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg35174] Re: Difference /recurrence equations
- From: Peter Pein <petsie at arcor.de>
- Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 02:31:05 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Arcor
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Andrew Biggs wrote:
> I'm new to Mathematica and am having trouble with inputting the
> equations I'm looking to solve. I know the basic input of RSolve, but
> can't quite get it. Here's a sample problem, if anyone could show me
> how to input into RSolve I can probably run with the ball after that.
> y(t+2) - 2Y(t+1) + 3Y(1) = 4
> With the part in brackets being a subscript denoting time. I know it
> sounds dumb, but I just don't know the input notatin well enough to
> get a problem typed in correctly, and the Mathematica book is a little
> Any help greatly appreciated!
first load the Package:
use only upper- or only lowercase Letters for the same function,
use brackets, not braces,
use == for equations, = to assign values.
you should learn how to use rules.
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: Assigning to a sublist
Previous by thread:
RE: Difference /recurrence equations
Next by thread:
Finding a formula for a sum