more info: Open notebooks created in Window with Macintosh computers

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37670] more info: Open notebooks created in Window with Macintosh computers
  • From: doris.siegl at gmx.at (Doris S.)
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 02:14:38 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi there!

After receiving some emails I realized that I didn´t specify the
problem exactly.

I tried to open the notebook files on a computer with MacOS 9.2 and
with another one mounted MacOS 8.6. I started Mathematica and using
the file-open-command I tried to open my notebook file. But it didn´t
show off in the file selection. When I renamed the file extension in
the Explorer (as a typically Windows user I don´t have any idea
whether this is called differently on MacOS :) ) to myFile.txt and
again into myFile.nb it suddenly appeared in the file-open selection
of Mathematica.
Furthermore I used a zip drive now to store the notebooks on the Mac
which did solve the problem. The files could be opened in Mathematica.
It seems that this is a problem of how to send the attachment or how
to store the attached files.

Quite strange problem, but at least solved by using a zip drive.

Doris