SsssComplement?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37831] SsssComplement?
  • From: "Mozalev Vasil" <mvp at snklik.ryazan.ru>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 06:11:53 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi. Excuse me for poor-quality English language.
My question about "Complement" and "UnsortedComplement".
Function " UnsortedComplement [list, listi] " working more slowly then
function " Complement
[list, listi] " because deletes elements "listi" behind many passes, whereas
" Complement [list,
listi] " it makes for one pass.
What kind of procedure I can use to write " SssssComplement [list, list1] "
for maintenance of
removal elements "list1" from "list" without sorting, but for one pass?
The specified lists already are sorted before their processing by function "
SssssComplement
[list, list1] ".
It is necessary for acceleration of accounts.
Example for check of correctness of work of required function:
SssssComplement [{1,3,5,7,10}, {3, 7,10}] should give
{1,5}.
But
SssssComplement [{1,3,5,7,10}, {7,3,10}] should give
{1,3,5}, as for one pass the number 3 will not leave.
Thank you.
Vasil.