Re: Re: Packages that need packages that need packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37828] Re: [mg37792] Re: Packages that need packages that need packages
  • From: Tom Burton <tburton at brahea.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 06:11:37 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

As you say Bobby, if I need Angela and Angela needs you, then indirectly I
need you. If I need you ONLY through Angela, I need not express my need
directly to you. On the other hand, if I need you independently of Angela,
then I should say so.

I agree the "security" is not an exact analogy. Perhaps "indecent exposure"
would be better (while still provocative enough to interest me).  In my
opinion, packages should interact in a way that all exposure is intentional.
If I ask to see Angela, who in turn asks to see you, then should I without
asking see you directly? I don't think so, unless I need to see parts of you
not relayed by Angela. (Angela may see parts of you that I don't
particularly want to see!) But in the latter case, I should explicitly
request to see you.

Tom Burton