NestWhile

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37840] NestWhile
  • From: Hader Josef <e9426270 at stud4.tuwien.ac.at>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 01:34:44 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi folks,
maybe you can help me with the following problem:

there is an iterative function
f[x_]:=.... resulting something like {values, boolean}

I would like to nest f onto f repetitativly, however the number is not
fixed in the beginning, but depends on the output of f (the boolean
value).
it looks like:
NestWhile[f[#] &, {init,true}, criteria (depending on the output of f, 10]

any hint???
thank you
h.