Mixed-Integer Programming package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38048] Mixed-Integer Programming package
  • From: Virgil Stokes <vs at it.uu.se>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 14:07:39 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In vol. 3, No. 2 issue (1993) of The Mathematica Journal, there was
article by Robert J. Korsan on
"Mixed-Integer Linear Programming". That article included an electronic
supplement with a Mathematica
package and notebook (package/notebook).

I am a subscriber to The Mathematica Journal and I downloaded the
package/notebook, since I
wished to use them in a course that I am currently teaching. I tried to
execute the notebook; but, it
"hangs Mathematica" --- never exits MixedIntegerConstrainedMax. I am using
Mathematica 4.2.0.0 (on a Win2k platform).

I have tried to contact Robert J. Korsan (the creator of the code); but,
was unable to do so.
When that failed, I tried to get help from Mathematica's technical
support since I have "Premier customer
service". Their technical support policy seems to be that they have "no
responsibility to support problems with
the electronic supplements".

I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem with this
package/notebook? If yes, then were
they able to find a fix? If anyone would like to test this
package/notebook on their own installation of
Mathematica then I would be glad to provide them with this package/notebook.

--V. Stokes
University Lektor
Uppsala University