Re: Solve simultaneous eqns
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg36905] Re: Solve simultaneous eqns
- From: Nachiketa J Gupta <ngupta2 at red.seas.upenn.edu>
- Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 04:45:59 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of Pennsylvania
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I should add that the solution is over natural numbers.. this will
probably make a big difference..
On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Nachi Gupta wrote:
> I am trying to solve a system of simultaneous equations with 26 variables
> and 14 equations (the 12 free variables can be any of the 26 from the eqns..
> preferably ones that will minimize the computation time for the other 14).
> These equation are not linearly related.. the highest degree in any one eqn
> is degree 4 i believe.. and there are some cross terms in the equations but
> not every equation depends on every variable.. (some are actually rather
> simple eqns). Any ideas on how to get started with this using
> mathematica (any ideas for algorithms)..
> Anything will be helpful..
> I can be reached at ngupta2 at seas.upenn.edu
> Many thanks,
Prev by Date:
Re: Colored ListPlot
Next by Date:
Re: Need to evaluate functions of the form y=5e+5 x1+2e-1x2, etc., were e means 10^
Previous by thread:
Re: Replacement problem
Next by thread:
RE: Re: Solve simultaneous eqns