PatternMatching with Dt
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg37264] PatternMatching with Dt
- From: "Johannes Ludsteck" <johannes.ludsteck at wiwi.uni-regensburg.de>
- Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 02:29:28 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Universitaet Regensburg
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I would like to replace Dt[x_] in a complex
expression. For example consider
where x is a pure Symbol (has no value).
However, Mathematica refuses apply the rule.
Various other attempts, for example
and HoldForm[...] were unsuccessful.
I managed to circumvent the problem by
However, I were more happy if I understood why the
first attempt was not successful.
Can someone explain?
University of Regensburg
Prev by Date:
Problem with PDF generation from Mathematica
Next by Date:
Crash problems with 4.2 FrontEnd
Previous by thread:
Re: Problem with PDF generation from Mathematica
Next by thread:
Re: PatternMatching with Dt