Re: Re: Off by 0.00000001, Why?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg37434] Re: [mg37386] Re: [mg37378] Off by 0.00000001, Why?
- From: Sseziwa Mukasa <mukasa at jeol.com>
- Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 00:09:34 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On Saturday, October 26, 2002, at 02:03 AM, Murray Eisenberg wrote: > Under Mathematica 4.2, I obtain the same result as you -- off by 1 in > the last decimal place displayed from what is shown in Maeder's book. > > That was on a Pentium 4 PC. Could it be that Maeder was using a > different hardware platform, and that that alone would account for the > difference? Actually, I'd be surprised if that were the reason, > because > I applied NumberForm[%, 15] to the result and obtained: > > 0.00157908413803032 > I get exactly the same result on a PowerPC G4. Perhaps there is a typo? Regards, Sseziwa