RE: Re: word processing with mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg36492] RE: [mg36437] Re: word processing with mathematica
  • From: "DrBob" <drbob at>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 00:29:33 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I'd be happier if I could just control pagination, or if automatic
pagination were done sensibly.

Yes, I can make a page break where I want one, but I can't eliminate
page-breaks that leave tons of white-space at the end of some pages.  In
some of my notebooks, Mathematica puts the first cell on a page by
itself, using less than an inch --- and NOT because the next cell takes
a whole page.  If I force the first two cells to stay together, the
problem just moves to the next page.

It's enough to make Mathematica useless as a word processor all by

Bobby Treat