Extra memory

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg36569] Extra memory
  • From: "Julio Vera" <julio at>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 01:13:26 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I have installed 128 MB RAM extra in my computer. I had 64 before, so now I
have 3 times as much.

I expected some calculations that took very long before, to be executed in
less time. To the contrary, my computer still goes to the hard drive fro
memory for its calculations, and Mathematica stops with an out of memory

Windows is recognizing this new memory. I dont know if Mathematica is. How
can I find out about this?

Thank you,