Location of Main menu bar

I was wondering if a way exists to move the main menu bar of the front end.
I am talking about the bar that occupies the top of the screen and extends,
by default, from the left end of the screen to the right. It has a lot of
blank space to the right of the menus. Making it narrower frees up some
important screen real estate, if you want to reach icons under it. How could
I make Mathematica do that automatically? I cannot seem to find it in the
Preferences or in the sections on manipulating notebooks.

Thanks!

Nicholas