RE: Strange ReplaceAll behavior
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg36791] RE: [mg36774] Strange ReplaceAll behavior
- From: "DrBob" <drbob at bigfoot.com>
- Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 04:56:41 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: <drbob at bigfoot.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
f[c] == (c+b)/.ru[c] == (c+b)/.c->x == x+b == b+x
From: Lawrence A. Walker Jr. [mailto:lwalker701 at earthlink.net]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
Subject: [mg36791] [mg36774] Strange ReplaceAll behavior
For the life of me I am not sure why the following is not working in my
f[x_]:=(a+b) /. ru[a];
Why do I get
f[c] = b+x
f[c] = b+c?
Lawrence A. Walker Jr.
Prev by Date:
Exporting as space-delimited ASCII file in 3.0?
Next by Date:
Why can't Mathematica do this simple integral ?
Previous by thread:
Strange ReplaceAll behavior
Next by thread:
Re: Strange ReplaceAll behavior