Re: New options in 5.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42964] Re: New options in 5.0
  • From: Bill Rowe <listuser at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 03:16:40 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 8/5/03 at 2:04 AM, selwynh at earthlink.net (Selwyn Hollis) wrote:

> For what it's worth, here is a list of new options and option values in
> 5.0. The list is fairly complete, at least in terms of what's shown in
> the Options Inspector. Actually, I'm comparing to 4.1, so some of this
> may have existed in 4.2.

<list snipped>

Comparing 4.2 to 5.0, I find the following new undocumented symbols in the System context

{Backsubstitution, BezoutMatrix, Buchberger, ConstrainedMax, ConstrainedMin, \
DependentVariables, DualLinearProgramming, ErrorNorm, Hessian, \
LayoutInformation, LUBackSubstitution, MaxStepFraction, MethodOptions, \
Normalized, NormalSelection, NormFunction, NotElement, PowerModList, \
RandomSeed, Saveable, SelectionStrategy, SingularValues, SugarCube, \
SylvesterMatrix, SystemException, TensorQ, TensorRank}

And the following undocumented symbols in 4.2 are no longer found in 5.0

{Exists, ForAll, Overhang}