Maybe it's me but the integrator at wolfram doesn't work very well

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44974] Maybe it's me but the integrator at wolfram doesn't work very well
  • From: geoman <geogeo9090 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 05:28:27 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Firstly the "integrator" tool at wolfram evaluates the indefinite integral. Fine

Here are some examples of incorrect answers of the "integrator"

INT means the integral sign

INT 1 / x ln x

Don't feel bad though I found another site at mss.vanderbilt.edu that got it wrong as well

Now this is quite a fundamental integral but is it hopelessly botched by the "integrator."

Here is another

INT ln x

the "integrator" got that wrong as well.  I did find a site that got it right though.

Where the error lies I don't know but do in fact think it may be somewhere in the original mathematica code.

BTW can anyone on this list give me the correct answers to the above
thanks  geo.