Large lists problem...

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg39278] Large lists problem...
  • From: Manuel Marques-Pita <m.marques-pita at>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 03:08:21 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I tried sending a msg earlier but for some reason it has not been posted (
at least I can't see it) I am trying again...

I have a program that generates very large lists as output, each one has
about 20.000 elements. When I try to copy any of these as paste it in an
assignment such as varx = {1,2,2,2,1....., 2,1,1} and evaluate, I get no
complains but the assignment does not happen. If I ask

the answer is zero.

How can I solve this? Hope you can help