Re: Does Mathematica run on Mandrake Linux?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg39428] Re: Does Mathematica run on Mandrake Linux?
- From: Bas Zoetekouw <bas at o2w.nl>
- Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:25:23 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Boris wrote in comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica: > I have Mandrake Linux 9.0 (with gcc 3.2, kernel 2.4.19) installed. Will > Mathematica run on my system? I guess it will. The Mathematica binaries are statically linked, so the exaclt libraries your distribution contains should matter at all. > What other Linux-distributions are known to work with Mathematica? I've got it running on Debian, and I've seen it running on SuSE. I had some problems getting it installed directly from the CD though. I solved it by copying the CD to my harddisk, and installing from there. -- Kind regards, Bas Zoetekouw ``Si l'on sait exactement ce que l'on va faire, a quoi bon le faire?'' bas at o2w.nl Pablo Picasso