Animation to QuickTime Movie? (EMERGENCY)

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg39477] Animation to QuickTime Movie? (EMERGENCY)
  • From: AES/newspost <siegman at>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 18:17:45 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I'm creating some simple Mathematica animations by using a Do[] loop to
create 20 successive Plot[]s, which I need to convert to QuickTime
movies (on a Mac iBook, Mathematica 4.2, OS 9.2)..

Selecting the Graphics cells and using the menu commands "Edit>>Save As
QuickTime" or "Save Selection as QuickTime" produces QuickTime movies,
and these play just fine in the QuickTime Player-- except only about the
upper left 25% of each plot appears in the QuickTime player window.

Changing the Plot sizes using ImageSize doesn't seem to change this, nor
does stretching the QuickTime window; and I haven't found any settable
options or prefs in either Mathematica or QT Player which seem to do anything to
fix this, nor any helpful information in their documentation.

What do I need to do?

(Email replies much appreciated; I'm up against a tight deadline in
getting this done.)

(My eventual goal is to link to the movie from an Adobe Acrobat 5.0
document, if that makes any difference.)

"Power tends to corrupt.  Absolute power corrupts absolutely."
Lord Acton (1834-1902)
"Dependence on advertising tends to corrupt.  Total dependence on
advertising  corrupts totally." (today's equivalent)