Re: Matrix sizing in 2 dimensional input

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39475] Re: Matrix sizing in 2 dimensional input
  • From: Friedrich Laher <mathefritz at schmieder-laher.de>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 18:17:28 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Thank you again, and I think, you could point to the help, if an answer
can be found there.
F.

Allan Hayes schrieb:
> "Friedrich Laher" <mathefritz at schmieder-laher.de> wrote in message
> news:b2knbm$1g5$1 at smc.vnet.net...
>
>>is there no way to add/delete rows / collumns while entering data into a
>>2 dimensional matrix ( -"template" ) ?
>>
>>The provided palletes only allow removing a column, removing a row does
>>not make a row vector of it.
>>

> Friedrich,
>
> I recommend using the keys instead of the palette, see
> menu>Edit>ExpressionInput:
>
> Click to the left(right) of an entry; then Control+ "," add a column to the
> left (right)
>
> Click to the left of the first entry in a row; then Control+ "Return
> (Enter)" adds a row above
> Click anywhere else in a row; then Control+ "Return (Enter)" adds a row
> below
>
> Cutting copying and pasting work well, some experimentation is needed, but
> here are some points:
>
> Only runs of complete rows (columns) can be cut.
> An existing submatrix can be pasted over with a copy of one of the same size
> ( so, for example, to insert a row or column we have to create a new empty
> one as above).

Help > Mathematica Book >Goto 1.10.5 tells it all
but
may be the book will be changed some what,
then
I hope
Help > Master Index > Goto Matrices
  > "large light area below"
    The Mathematica Book
Matrices
  input of

will be there in all editions of the book.