Re: Porting graphics to MicroSoft Point, with quality - no

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39492] Re: Porting graphics to MicroSoft Point, with quality - no
  • From: Marc Heusser <marc.heusser at CHEERSheusser.comMERCIALSPAMMERS.invalid>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 04:42:30 -0500 (EST)
  • Complaints-to: abuse@bluewin.ch
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <b2ib8s$pvi$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 liu at vtaix.cc.vt.edu (Xiangdong Liu) wrote:

> I plot 2D and 3D graphics that have many details.
>
> But if I copy and paste the Mathematica graphics to PowerPoint, the
> graphics look not even as good as in Mathematica.  And when I print the
> PowerPoint document on the same 600 dpi printer, the graphics look just
> as bad as in PowerPoint.  I tried "Paste" and all options under  "Paste
> Special".  None achieves as good quality as I see with printing directly
> from within Mathematica.

I remember having the same problems in earlier versions of PowerPoint.
At that time at least the issue was that PowerPoint had a minimum line
thickness! It had nothing to do with the originating programme.

Hope that helps (if only to know it does not work :-(  )

Marc

--
Marc Heusser
remove the obvious CHEERS and MERCIAL... from the reply address