Question about Notation Palette and Rewrite Rules

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42396] Question about Notation Palette and Rewrite Rules
  • From: alan heider <mathphysabs at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 01:33:13 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello Mathgroup-

I'm working on problems involving a Lagrangian and
neet to have my first derivatives outputted with
either an overdot or a double overdot.  I've tried the
notation palette but seem to be doing something wrong.

I'm also working on another problem where applying an
operation (complex conjugation) places an overbar
above a symbol, or removes it if there is one present.
 The operation needs to work for products.  I've tried
rewrite rules, but again seem to be missing something
of importance.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Geoff Cope