MathGroup Archive 2003

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Thanks to all

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41080] Thanks to all
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 04:59:53 -0400 (EDT)
  • References: <b8lh7e$9cd$1@smc.vnet.net>
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Well, I learned a bit more about Show[] and you guys straightened me out as usual.
Thanks to all that tried to help.
Rob

"1.156" wrote:

> First I start with a few measured data points:
>
> data = {{0,260.}, {.25,218.},{.5,200.}, {.75,212.}, {1.,240.}};
>
> (* I do some curve fitting/regression and I come up with a polynomial and I'd like to see how the curve compares with the data *)
>
> a0 = 260.; a1 = -188.; a2 = -2.667; a3 = 384.; a4 = -213.333.;
>
> f[x_]= a0+ a1 x+ a2 x^2+ a3 x^3 +a4 x^4;
>
> (* So I plot each of them, both look good to me. a plots the best fit curve and b plots the data points with nice big red dots.  I got the b code from some kind soul on this ng I think. Both plots are over a domain from 0 to 1 *)
>
> a = Plot[f[x], {x, 0, 1}];
> b=ListPlot[data,Epilog\[Rule]{RGBColor[1,0,0],PointSize[0.025],Point/@data}]
>
> (* now that I see that both plots work, I do my usual and Show them together *)
>
> Show[{a,b}]
>
> But woe is me: I can see some of the b points as small black dots (not RED!), and several I can't see at all next to the plain black plot of a. This seems to work fine if both a and b are standard Plot[] functions but here I'm mixing Plot[] and ListPlot[]
> -- I'm definitely teasing the devil.
>
> Can someone give me a hint how to make Mathematica Show[] reveal the nice big red dots
> from a ListPlot in b while also displaying the Plot[] curve?
>
> Rob

• Prev by Date: Re: A FullSimplify Problem
  • Next by Date: Re: A FullSimplify Problem
  • Previous by thread: RE: Finding intersection of two curves/ Chord that cuts a circle in ratio 1:3
  • Next by thread: Re: NDSolve problem - solution does not satisfy boundary conditions