Re: Beginner question: operating on piecewise defined functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41698] Re: [mg41609] Beginner question: operating on piecewise defined functions
  • From: "German Buitrago A." <gerbual at col2.telecom.com.co>
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 06:07:46 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Jan,

you can use the Standard Add-On Package Calculus`Limit` and you should keep
in mind the syntax of the function Limit:

?Limit

"Limit[expr, x->x0] finds the limiting value of expr when x approaches x0."

(Appreciate that the couple {}  is not required around of  "x -> Infinity")

In[1]:=
f[x_] := 1/x^2 /; x >= 1

In[2]:=
f[x_] := 1 /; x < 1