Re: QUICK COPY & PASTE: WYSIWYG

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41702] Re: [mg41634] QUICK COPY & PASTE: WYSIWYG
  • From: Omega Consulting <info at omegaconsultinggroup.com>
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 06:07:52 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

At 07:14 AM 5/29/2003, tasande at MIT.EDU wrote:
>Dear MATHGROUP:
>
>To quickly COPY and PASTE text, the pulldown menu say COPY can be acomplished
>via mod1+c and PASTE via mod1+v.
>
>What is "mod1"? I am using DIGITAL TRUE64 UNIX.

Go the Help>X Environment Information menu. It will be listed there.

>Also, is there any easy war to reassign or bind COPY & PASTE to the F1 & F2
>keys?

Yes, there's a file that controls the menu keys. Evaluate the following to
get the location:

ToFileName[{$TopDiretcory, "SystemFiles", "FrontEnd", "TextResources",
"X"}, "MenuSetup.tr"]

Be careful if you edit it. Simple typos can cause Mathematica to crash.
Also be careful of conflicts. F1 is already in the menus.

I've been working on a package to make setting the menu keys easier. Let me
know if you're interested.

>I am using MATHEMATICA also as a WYSIWYG( * ) symbolic text editor, the
>output of which I will then covert to LATEX, in leui of using LATEX
>directly. I
>welcome comments on this overlooked MATHEMATICA capability.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Theodore Sande
>MIT Department of Physics
>
>*( W )hat( Y )ou( S )ee( I )s( W )hat( Y )ou( G )et

Omega Consulting
"The final answer to your Mathematica needs"
http://omegaconsultinggroup.com