Re: help converting mathtype to mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41694] Re: help converting mathtype to mathematica
  • From: bobm at dessci.com (Bob Mathews)
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 06:07:42 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Rieteke <r.vanzalen at quicknet.nl> wrote in message news:<baia67$dg5$1 at smc.vnet.net>...

> I'm using MathType 4.0b (For Microsoft Word) and Mathematica 4.0.
> Is there a way to copy equations from one surface to another. I
> don't want to just copy them as a picture, it would be nice to be
> able to actually convert them into the other format and be still
> able to edit them.

Since MathType and Mathematica both speak MathML, why not try that? In
MathType, select a MathML translator from the Translators menu
(Preferences | Translators). Copy the equation or equation fragment,
then paste it into Mathematica. I'm not sure if the translator
included with MathType 4.0b will do the job. It's worth a try though,
and the one you need is labeled "MathML 2.0 (no namespace)". The
MathML translators were updated with MathType 5, so if the above
doesn't work with 4.0b, you might try downloading our evaluation
version of 5 from the link in my signature.

Bob Mathews                  bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training         830-990-9699
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide