Plot&2backgroundcolors

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44262] Plot&2backgroundcolors
  • From: Roberto Brambilla <rlbrambilla at cesi.it>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 03:23:33 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I have to plot a function, let it be Sin[x] in (0-pg), then I have a
peculiar abscissa, ex. x=1.234.
I'd like to overlap to a normal grid and frame a vertical line at this
abscissa in same different style
(as dash or color or thickness, etc.) . How can I do it?
How can I have also this value explicit as a tick on the plot?
Then all this would be even better if I could have two background colors
(or gray levels),
before and after the selected abscissa.

Many thanks in advance, Roberto

Roberto Brambilla