Re: Re: Integration

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg44308] Re: [mg44277] Re: Integration
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:00:31 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at
On 4 Nov 2003, at 17:23, Alex wrote:

> Wolfram proudly declares that his Mathematika can handle any integral
> computable in terms of elementary functions.  Well, here is one, which
> it can not handle, and I am pretty sure, this is not the only one.
> Alex

  There is no computer program or a human being who can do that and no
sane person would make this sort of claim. Unless, that is,"can handle"
means "can handle in principle" - in other words, there are no specific
types of such integrals it "can't handle", in which case the claim is

Andrzej Kozlowski
Yokohama, Japan