Re: serious NDSolve bug?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg44376] Re: serious NDSolve bug?
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul at>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 05:16:19 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <bob61a$qh6$1 at>,
 Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at> wrote:

> Paul Abbott wrote:
> >
> > In article <bnnuko$5ub$1 at>,
> >  Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at> wrote:
> >
> > > and if my news-reader would be able to display the notebooks ..
> >
> > It can't handle Notebooks as attachments, and you cannot click on the
> > attachment to open it up?
> I can configure my netscape to do this but I have not a Virus Tool with
> script blocking to allow a Mathematica notebook to do allmost everything
> with my system

I guess that you never run a Notebook written by someone else then. It
does not matter whether the Notebook is posted as an attachment or a
code fragment is posted as part of the message. The danger of it
containing malicious code is the same.

Paul Abbott                                   Phone: +61 8 9380 2734
School of Physics, M013                         Fax: +61 8 9380 1014
The University of Western Australia      (CRICOS Provider No 00126G)
35 Stirling Highway
Crawley WA 6009                      mailto:paul at