Re: Integration

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg44423] Re: Integration
  • From: akhmel at (Alex)
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 04:51:04 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

>   There is no computer program or a human being who can do that and no
> sane person would make this sort of claim. Unless, that is,"can handle"
> means "can handle in principle" - in other words, there are no specific
> types of such integrals it "can't handle", in which case the claim is
> valid.

1) I expected from you more than just play on words, but rather an
advice on how to make Mathematica compute an elementary integral.

2) I did compute this particular integral and I challenge you and
anybody else to give me an integral, which is computable as indefinite
in terms of elementary functions, so that I couldn't handle it by