Re: Re: Re: Integration

Do you have some basis for doubting the correctness of the Risch

(Risch's work is described in a long paper in Transactions of Amer.
Math. Soc. and a shorter one in Bull. Amer. Math. Soc., both around
1969-70.  It's been a while since I've looked at those; I did not check
all the proofs myself.)

Andrzej Kozlowski wrote:

> Personally I am not even convinced that Risz's the algorithm correct.
> You obviously seem to know a better one so you would do everyone a
> favor if you implemented it for us, ort at least described it as a
> sequence of implementable steps. Now that's a challenge worth taking
> up.

Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305