Making anti-aliased fonts work for 4.1 + KDE?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg44501] Making anti-aliased fonts work for 4.1 + KDE?
- From: Johan <ljp at hotmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 08:01:57 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm using 4.1 with KDE on a Linux machine and everything works fine in turns of finding all fonts and printing. However, my desktop uses anti-aliased TTF fonts which works for every other application - besides Mathematica - where no anti-aliasing is applied to the fonts. This should be a feature of the X-font server so Mathematicas front-end should be able to transparantly use anti-aliasing (like every other app) but it doesn't for some reason. I haven't found anything on this problem in the FAQ (just about missing fonts which is a problem I don't have) Anyone knows if the front end is supposed to support this ? (I've been living with this glitch for ~2 years but it would be nice if it could work) --- Johan