- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg44472] Re: [mg44465] Unevaluated
- From: Anton Antonov <antonov at wolfram.com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 08:01:23 -0500 (EST)
- References: <200311110055.TAA25198@smc.vnet.net>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hans-Peter Kunzle wrote:
>I was trying to make a function like 'tPrint[x___]' that would act
>like Print if some global variable Testing was True and do nothing
>if Testing was False. This would allow me to simply add or delete
>the 't' to individually turn on or off some tracing. It would
>be easier than to comment or uncomment the Print statements each
>But when I tried
> tPrint[Unevaluated[x___]]:= If[Testing,Print[x]]
>I found, using TracePrint, that 'x' gets evaluated each time whether
>or not Testing is True.
>Maybe I do not understand properly how Unevaluated operates.
>Is there a way to do what I want?
>Any help is appreciated.
If I understand your question correctly, using the attribute HoldAll
will do the job.
Wolfram Research, Inc.
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: Re: Unformatted File IO
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
- From: Hans-Peter Kunzle <firstname.lastname@example.org>