- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg44472] Re: [mg44465] Unevaluated
- From: Anton Antonov <antonov at wolfram.com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 08:01:23 -0500 (EST)
- References: <200311110055.TAA25198@smc.vnet.net>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hans-Peter Kunzle wrote: >Hello, > >I was trying to make a function like 'tPrint[x___]' that would act >like Print if some global variable Testing was True and do nothing >if Testing was False. This would allow me to simply add or delete >the 't' to individually turn on or off some tracing. It would >be easier than to comment or uncomment the Print statements each >time. > >But when I tried > > tPrint[Unevaluated[x___]]:= If[Testing,Print[x]] > >I found, using TracePrint, that 'x' gets evaluated each time whether >or not Testing is True. > >Maybe I do not understand properly how Unevaluated operates. >Is there a way to do what I want? > >Any help is appreciated. > >Hans > > If I understand your question correctly, using the attribute HoldAll will do the job. -- Anton Antonov Wolfram Research, Inc.
- From: Hans-Peter Kunzle <firstname.lastname@example.org>