Title of palette or palette window?

Most Mathematica palettes seem to be untitled (i.e., no title at the top
of the window).

I've been creating some personalized palettes; they all seem to come up
with "Untitled-nn" as the window title.

The template I'm following has a "WindowTitle->Automatic" command in it,
in among a bunch of window definitions and other stuff appended below
all the ButtonBox definitions.

Changing this to WindowTitle->None or ->"Title" doesn't seem to change
anything.

?????????

(Mac iBook, OS 9.2, MMA 4.2)