Re: What Happens to Garbage in Mathematica?

Hi,

Share[expr] changes the way expr is stored internally, to try and
minimize \
the amount of memory used. Share[ ] tries to minimize the memory used to
\
store all expressions.

As long as no variable (like In[]/Out[]) point to the data the memory
is returned to the free memory and overwritten.

Regards
  Jens