  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43909] What Happens to Garbage in Mathematica?
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 01:33:29 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

What happens to the alocated memory of objects such as graphics primatives
when their variable are assigned new values?  For example, suppose I have a
thousand pairs of triple which I use to create a thousand Line objects. If
I then change the values of all the tripples, and create new Lines
assigning them to the same variables I used to store the original Lines,
what happens to the memory that held the original lines?

Steven