What Happens to Garbage in Mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg43909] What Happens to Garbage in Mathematica?
- From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
- Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 01:33:29 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
What happens to the alocated memory of objects such as graphics primatives when their variable are assigned new values? For example, suppose I have a thousand pairs of triple which I use to create a thousand Line objects. If I then change the values of all the tripples, and create new Lines assigning them to the same variables I used to store the original Lines, what happens to the memory that held the original lines? Steven